Now available to people in the UK, BrainyApp helps users monitor and improve the physical, mental, dietary and social aspects of their lifestyle.
Alzheimer's Reading Room
BrainyApp was developed by Alzheimer’s Australia and Bupa Health Foundation to raise awareness of the risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia, and to help you live a brain healthy life.
"People need to start thinking about their brain health earlier in life. The changes in the brain that lead to dementia can start when people are in their 30s and 40s,"
Although the evidence is still developing, we are learning that there are a wide range of lifestyle choices and activities that can improve brain health, and which in turn may reduce the risk of dementia." -- Dr Michael Valenzuela, head of the Regenerative Neuroscience Group at the University of New South Wales
'BrainyApp' is available as a free download for users of iPhone, iPod and iPad devices from the App Store.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- Brain health survey – see what your brain health score is and receive personalised recommendations on what you can do to improve your brain health
- Brain games – give your brain a work out with interesting and challenging games
- Activities – add to your brain health points with a range of activities including exercise, eating well, getting health checks, keeping your mind active and managing your smoking and alcohol intake
- Monitor your Brain Health Points and track your progress over time
- Get a daily fact sent to you from BrainyApp
- Share facts and your brain health scores with friends and family
- How Alzheimer's Destroys the Brain -- Video
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room