This video tells five stories of children, ages 6-15, who are coping with grandfathers or grandmothers suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
+Alzheimer's Reading Room
Maria Shriver provides commentary and delivers valuable "lessons" for the kids, urging them not to blame themselves for what their grandparents do or say.
"We are all children of Alzheimer's."
Directed and Produced by Eamon Harrington and John Watkin; based on the book "What's Happening to Grandpa?" by Maria Shriver
Source HBO, The Alzheimer's Project
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content +Bob DeMarco , the Alzheimer's Reading Room