Police say the family of the alleged intruder, Ed Stevens, reported that Stevens suffered from dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Officers say 75 year old Ed Stevens went out shopping today and instead ended up ramming his car into the garage of a home on Hilda Avenue near Laurel Avenue in the Lindenwald area around 10 a.m. today.
He then allegedly assaulted the homeowner, 84 year old Charles Foster. Foster then shot Stevens.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
More Insight and Advice for Caregivers
- How Alzheimer's Spreads Throughout the Brain
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room