By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
I brought this video back up for those that are asking question about this stunning research.
Here are some important points.
- This research was conducted at a top notch, reputable University, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
- The drug, Bexarotene, has been approved for the treatment of cancer by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and has been available for more than a decade.
- Available information indicates that Bexarotene has a good safety and side-effect profile. This is important.
- Dr.Gary Landreth said that clinical trials in humans will start soon.
- Rudy Tanzi commented here, "If this drug performs in humans that way it has in Alzheimer's mouse models, it will be terrific for Alzheimer's patients".
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room