The 'We Back Pat' movement is gaining momentum in Tennessee.
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Its seems to me that this is an excellent way to raise awareness, and also to get the attention of politicians. Next the billboard will move around the state and give more supporters the chance to sign it.
Eventually, the billboard will be mounted in a place where Pat Summitt can see it on her drive from home to work at the University of Tennessee.
You will notice a lot of younger people in the video below, very uplifting. This seems like a very effective campaign which could be modeled in other states.
Dotty Einstein on a billboard?
Buy the original "We Back Pat" T-shirt -- We Back Pat T-Shirt.
Read More on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- How Alzheimer's Spreads Throughout the Brain
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimers World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
You are reading original content from the Alzheimer's Reading Room. For more information on Alzheimer's and dementia go here. If you would like a free email subscription click here.