This documentary might give persons outside the Alzheimer's community a better understanding of what it is like to be deeply forgetful and living with Alzheimer's disease.
Bob De Marco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
This film is not about research, or families waxing nostalgic, this film is about one woman who is deeply forgetful and is living with Alzheimer's in a dementia memory care center. This is her life.
The film documentary airs nationally on PBS starting tonight, March 29, at 10 PM. However, I noticed the schedule does vary around the country.
To find out when it airs near you go to PBS, click on TV schedule, and then search this term -- Independent Lens. Independent Lens airs Thursday nights on many PBS member stations.
Go here to see the trailer and additional clips.
Related Articles in the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's Information and Help
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- 10 Things a Person Living with Dementia Would Tell You If They Could
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- 10 Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's Disease
- The Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
- What is Alzheimer's Disease