By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
As far as I can tell, more than 1,000 former NFL players are now suing the league.
A growing number of well known sports figures, actors, and musicians have disclosed that they are suffering from dementia, or have died from dementia in the last few years.
The list includes Glen Campbell, Pat Summitt, Peter Falk, Darrell Royal, and now Karras.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
This news and the growing number of public figures that are being diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and the various types of dementia, is sure to bring the issue of Alzheimer's disease into the forefront of public awareness.
- 60 Minutes A Blow To The Brain -- This is Your Brain on Football
- Alzheimer's Stigma, Pat Summitt, Glenn Campbell
- Summitt Says No to Alzheimer's, Decides to Carry On (Video)
- We Back Pat -- The Pat Summitt Alzheimer's T-Shirt
- Glen Campbell: Forget Me Not
- Causes of Dementia: Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE), and Chronic Traumatic Encephalomyelopathy (CTEM)
- NFL Football Players May Be More Susceptible to Alzheimer's and Dementia
- One Out of Every Sixteen Retired NFL Players Could Suffer from Alzheimer's or Dementia During Their Lifetime
- Does Playing Football Cause Dementia - Women Bring the NFL's Secret into the Light of Day
- The NFLs Dirty Little Secret--Early Onset Alzheimer's at a Young Age
- A Chance to Focus on Dementia Caused by Sports Trauma
- Darrell K Royal Fund for Alzheimer’s Research Introduced on Texas Senate Floor
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room