By Bob DeMarco
+Alzheimer's Reading Room
Music and Memory, An Old Man's Reaction to Hearing "His" Music, that included a video of a man living with dementia who "came alive" as he was listening to music via an Ipod.
Since then the video has gone "viral" on the internet. The video has been watched more than 500,000 times.
I have to admit, I am a bit envious. Too bad the video of Dotty singing, Shine on Harvest Moon, or Alzheimer's Patient Sings With Parrot and Discusses Breakfast didn't blast off on the Internet.
The Music and Memory video took off because a viewer with lots of social influence posted the link to the video on Reddit. This points out how sharing an article can give it a "big life", and allows information to be found by persons all over the world. Hint.
In case you missed it, here is another view of the video, Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era.
We also have a long list of articles about Alzheimer's and Music which you can find below the video.
More About Music and Alzheimer's in the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Music Boosts Memory in Alzheimer’s Patients
- The Power of Music in Alzheimer’s Disease
- Improving the Quality of Life of Alzheimer's Patients and Their Caregivers
- Alzheimer's Patient, Dotty, Sings Embraceable You and Shine on Harvest Moon
- Lifestyle Changes and Music as Alzheimer's Therapy
- The Neuroscience of Music
- Music Boosts Memory in Alzheimer’s, Is this Why the Poop Song Works
- Does Music Unlock Memory in Alzheimer's Sufferers
- Seniors Bring Song, Hope To Alzheimer Patients
- Alzheimer’s and Music: How a Classical Violinist Brought Great Joy to My Demented Romanian Soul Mate
- Music and Alzheimer’s Disease: Using Music to Engage, Comfort and Bring Joy to Your Loved Ones
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
Original content +Bob DeMarco , the Alzheimer's Reading Room