Good dog comes through, dancers raise $85,000 for Alzheimer's disease.
Alzheimer's Reading Room
The Good Dog
Officer Bryan McMahon and his canine partner, Kai, find a missing woman suffering from Alzheimer's hiding under a tarp
Dancers raise $85,000 for Alzheimer’s Association
The 13th annual Forget-Me-Not Gala raised about $85,000 for the Alzheimer’s Association. That is some serious dancing.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
Alzheimer's mAb May Diminish Tau Tangles
Treatment with the monoclonal antibody bapineuzumab significantly lowered levels of phosphorylated tau (P-tau) in the cerebrospinal fluid of Alzheimer's patients, researchers found.
Alzheimer’s disease prevention requires ongoing healthy lifestyle
STRONG evidence suggests that a combination of healthy changes to lifestyle can have a huge impact on reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Is Sugar Toxic, 60 Minutes
If you are what you eat, then what does it mean that the average American consumes 130 pounds of sugar a year? Sanjay Gupta reports on new research showing that beyond weight gain, sugar can take a serious toll on your health, worsening conditions ranging from heart disease to cancer. Some physicians go so far as to call sugar a toxin.
Antipsychotics Heart Attack Risk Among Elderly With Dementia
A study published Online First by Archives of Internal Medicine, one of the JAMA/Archives journals, reveals that antipsychotic drugs can increase the risk of heart attack in older patients with dementia.
Doctors 'too slow' diagnosing dementia
Doctors in parts of the country are not diagnosing dementia early enough and must be better trained in order to improve treatment, the head of Britain's largest biomedical research charity has said.
Gene Maps Are No Cure-All
A new study warns that scientists can't predict most diseases for most people by mapping their genomes, raising a flag about a nascent technology that has been expected to ring in an era of tailored treatments.
More Insight and Advice from the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- How Alzheimer's Spreads Throughout the Brain
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Driving with Alzheimer's Can Mean Death
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room