Someone once asked in the comments section, what is going to happen to you if you get Alzheimer's disease? I'm moving to Hogewey.
By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Well truth be known, I first imagined a kinder, gentler place for Dotty and me. I already made that happen in our own little Alzheimer's World.
Kind, gentle, creating an environment based on trust. Along the path from burden to joy.
Dr. Murali Doraiswamy, author of the Alzheimer's Action Plan and chief of biological psychiatry at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, N.C., said the idea could be "a game changer" in Alzheimer's care.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
“You see things; and you say ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?’”
-- George Bernard Shaw
I'm going to Hogewey.
Read on to learn more about this Alzheimer's village on earth --
Alzheimer's Disease: Dutch Village Doubles as Nursing Home.
What do you think? Comment?
More Insight and Advice from the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- How Alzheimer's Spreads Throughout the Brain
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Driving with Alzheimer's Can Mean Death
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The blog contains more than 3,461 articles with more than 397,100 links on the Internet. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room