I'm off to meet the principals of the Cure Alzheimer's Fund and Rudy Tanzi, and another exciting adventure for Dotty and me.
By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
I'll be meeting with the Founders of the CAF including Henry McCance. I will also be meeting with Tim Armour, the President, and Rudy Tanzi, among a long list of people.
Of course, this also means I will be leaving Dotty with our good friends Jim and Ruth overnight.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
I'm not real worried about Dotty as Jim and Ruth are the best, and I left Dotty in their "good hands" for two days back in January. Nevertheless, I still have to juggle my feelings and emotions. I think most of you understand what I mean.
See Can Dotty Make it Two Days Without Me? The Answer.
Dotty has been a bit of a pest lately because she has a urinary tract infection. It looks like the medication is working, however.
For me the Cure Alzheimer's Fund is the number one go to place if you want to donate to Alzheimer's Research. I am a big fan of the venture philanthropy approach. No one can doubt the commitment of the Founders of the CAF, they pay all the administrative and operational cost of the Fund out of their own pockets. This means 100 percent of every donation goes directly into Alzheimer's Research.
You might remember the frenzy that was caused when Gary Landreth, and his colleagues at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, released a research report showing that Bexarotene
quickly and dramatically improved brain function and social ability and restored the sense of smell in mice bred with a form of Alzheimer's disease.Bexartone is an existing cancer drug that has been approved for the treatment of cancer by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for more than a decade.
The Cure Alzheimer’s Fund participated in the early stage funding of this research!
You can read about the long list of Cure Alzheimer's Fund's funded research projects here -- FUNDED RESEARCH.
You will notice Rudy Tanzi's important Alzheimer’s Genome Project right at the top of the list. More than $5,000,000 invested so far. Learn more about the Alzheimer’s Genome Project -- here.
If you would like to donate to the Cure Alzheimer's Fund click the red button.
I'll write more about the meeting and how we did with Dotty later in the week.
More Insight and Advice from the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- How Alzheimer's Spreads Throughout the Brain
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Driving with Alzheimer's Can Mean Death
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room