My friend Laura sent me this yesterday. I was very moved when I watched it. I believe that you will be moved too. It speaks so eloquently to the power of music.
By Carole Larkin
Alzheimer's Reading Room
This is an excerpt from Alive Inside, a documentary about Music and Memory.
If you don't see the video -- go here.
Source Music and Memory
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
More About Music in the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Improving the Quality of Life of Alzheimer's Patients and Their Caregivers
- Music Boosts Memory in Alzheimer’s Patients
- Lifestyle Changes and Music as Alzheimer's Therapy
- The Neuroscience of Music
- The Power of Music in Alzheimer’s Disease
- Music Boosts Memory in Alzheimer’s, Is this Why the Poop Song Works
- Does Music Unlock Memory in Alzheimer's Sufferers
- Seniors Bring Song, Hope To Alzheimer Patients
- Alzheimer’s and Music: How a Classical Violinist Brought Great Joy to My Demented Romanian Soul Mate
- Music and Alzheimer’s Disease: Using Music to Engage, Comfort and Bring Joy to Your Loved Ones
is a Geriatric Care Manager who specializes in helping families with Alzheimer’s and related dementias issues. She also trains caregivers in home care companies, assisted livings, memory care communities, and nursing homes in dementia specific techniques for best care of dementia sufferers. ThirdAge Services LLC, is located in Dallas, TX.
Original content Carole Larkin, the Alzheimer's Reading Room