"Dementia is a terrible, heart-breaking disease – and tackling it is a personal priority of mine. Two months ago I promised that we’d lead an all-out, national fight-back against dementia – and it’s happening." This world leader gets it, I strongly suggest you watch this entire video.
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Three key areas where Government aims to make a difference have been identified:
- making sure health and social care systems are properly geared up to deal with the crisis
- radically stepping up research into cures and treatments, with overall funding for research doubled to reach £66m by 2015
- getting society involved in the fight: communities, charities, businesses
Read the transcript
More Insight and Advice for Caregivers
- How Alzheimer's Spreads Throughout the Brain
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room