Two months before Dotty went to Heaven she delivered a wonderful surprise.
By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
|This is the coloring pad|
The next thing I knew, Jeannemarie ran in the door and told me to grab the video camera.
There sat Dotty, two colored coordinated pencils in her hands, and she was coloring away. The biggest surprise to me was the way Dotty switched seamlessly from one color pencil to the other.
Dotty had not colored in many many years. More than ten for sure. This time around, she just grabbed the pencils and started on her own.
In the video you can see the pencils in Dotty's hand; and,watch her color. As always, she has something to say. Oh Dotty.
If you watch this video closely I think you will be fascinated by the entire dynamic. I was.
I am now getting a lot of questions about Dotty. Why didn't she forget me? Why could she still read? The list goes on and on.
I intend to start writing about these issues.
If you have a question put it in the comments box below this article and I'll do my best to answer.
If you don't see the video, or if you would like to view more Dotty videos, go here.
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The blog contains more than 3,900 articles with more than 332,100 links on the Internet. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room