Many in the Alzheimer's community are interested in Tau tangles. Here is an opportunity to learn more about Tau and the mystery surrounding Tau tangles.
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Cure Alzheimer’s Fund Researcher Dominic Walsh, Ph.D., and David Shenk, author of the national bestseller, The Forgetting, for a free webinar about the role of tau in Alzheimer’s on Thurday, June 21, 2012 at 2:30 p.m. EST.
Alzheimer’s research for many years has been dominated by a focus on Abeta “plaques,” a focus that largely has overlooked the other infamous hallmark of the disease — the tau-based neurofibrillary “tangles.”
The research world recently has broadened its scope to include significant research into tau.
Cure Alzheimer’s Fund is actively supporting this diversification by funding two tau-based projects.
Click on the image above to register for the this upcoming webinar on the Internet. The webinar is free, all you need to do is register, and attend.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
More Insight and Advice for Caregivers
- How Alzheimer's Spreads Throughout the Brain
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Driving with Alzheimer's Can Mean Death
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room