Over time Harvey became Dotty's best friend.
By +Bob DeMarco
+Alzheimer's Reading Room
Dotty was 94 years old when we made this video on May 18, 2011.
Harvey is a toy repeat parrot who became Dotty's best friend.
Dotty often spent time talking to Harvey during the day. He was also very good at getting information out of Dotty.
For example, Dotty might tell Harvey she had a "splitting headache". When I asked her if she had a headache she said, no.
Dotty went to Heaven on May 25,2012.
To learn more about Harvey type his name into the search box on the right hand side of this page.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- The Last 25 Articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- Rewiring My Brain and Stepping into Alzheimer's World
- How Long Do You Want to Live?
- Alzheimer's, Speaking and Cognitive Function
Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The ARR knowledge base contains more than 3,811 articles with more than 306,100 links on the Internet. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room