Honor thy Father, and thy Mother.
By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
You are probably well aware of this statistic. Every 69 seconds someone is diagnosed with Alzheimer's in the U.S.
I bet you didn't know this. Worldwide it is every 4 seconds.
On average each day about 1250 people will be diagnosed with Alzhimer's in the U.S.
There can be no doubt the children of the baby boom generation are in for a rude awakening in the years ahead.
By 2016, the tipping point, there will be two kinds of people in the U.S.
Either you will have Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia (ADRD),
Or, you will know someone that has Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia.
What do children owe their parents?
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- Why Do Alzheimer's Caregivers Torture Themselves?
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Urinary Tract Infections, Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's and the Importance of Thinking Positive
- Frightened, Bewildered, Apprehensive, Anxious, Angry
Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The ARR knowledge base contains more than 3,811 articles with more than 312,100 links on the Internet. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room