Alzheimer's devastated my parents life savings, it caused a rift in our family, it destroys individuals, it's a huge problem and deserves a huge attention" ~ Alan Arnette
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Alan Arnette recently completed the 7 Summits Climb for Alzheimer's: Memories are Everything to raise $1M for research and increase Alzheimer's awareness. Alan devotes his mountain climbing efforts to the deeply forgetful and Alzheimer's caregivers.
Alan partnered with the Cure Alzheimer's Fund, Alzheimer's Association and the National Family Caregivers Association plus, International Mountain Guides. The Alzheimer's Immunotherapy Program (AIP) of Janssen Alzheimer Immunotherapy and Pfizer Inc. funded the campaign.
It is not easy clawing your way up the icy side of a mountain. You can watch Alan doing just that in the video below. He also has a message for all of us.
- The Last 25 Articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- My Name is Lisa
- Connectedness and Attachment in Alzheimer's Care
- Alzheimers Caregiver Why are the Little Things Bothering You?