It is my expression and a cry of emotion of how I was affected by my father’s diagnosis of Alzheimer's. ~ Joseph Portelli
By Bob DeMarco Alzheimer's Reading Room
Alzheimer's Disease International ahead of World Alzheimer's Day on September 21, 2012.
Alzheimer's is something Joseph is all too familiar with. How The Times Have Changed was penned following his father's diagnosis of the disease in 2004.
The heart-felt song is the result of being simultaneously inspired by his mother's strength and courage, while struggling with his sadness as his father progressively failed to recognize his son's face.
Joseph says, "The song was written for me. It is my expression and a cry of emotion of how I was affected by my father's diagnosis."
Get additional information here.
Definitely worth a listen. Very moving at times.
- The Last 25 Articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- My Name is Lisa
- Connectedness and Attachment in Alzheimer's Care
- Alzheimers Caregiver Why are the Little Things Bothering You?
Original content the Alzheimer's Reading Room