“I don’t want people thinking that she doesn’t like them anymore. I don’t want anything to be misinterpreted.”
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Rushern Baker serves as County Executive for Prince George's County in Maryland. But two years ago, his role as a public official was transformed when his wife was diagnosed with early onset dementia.
He speaks with host Michel Martin about caring for his wife and meeting his responsibilities as a public official.
This is a very candid, very real interview. His description is clearly heart felt. Very graceful.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- The Last 25 Articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- My Name is Lisa
- Connectedness and Attachment in Alzheimer's Care
- Alzheimers Caregiver Why are the Little Things Bothering You?
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room