How mom can literally forget what happened 5 minutes ago? But can remember the address of the house she lived in 50 years ago. I just don't understand.
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Under the article, Alzheimer's Off the Top of My Head, and in the comments section reader Becky wrote:
Forget who I am? I am the other Becky. Not her daughter Becky. But can remember Steve?
Forget people, places, days but can remember what she ate the day before and refuses leftovers?
Forget where she put her purse and that she has shoes on her feet but knows exactly the number of pills she is supposed to take and what color they are?
Knows when we are out of Kleenex. But can't remember where she put her sweater?
I just don't understand".
Your insight, advice, and life experiences might help Becky. Use the comments area below to respond and help Becky cope with this issue.
Accentuate empathy and understanding.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- The Last 25 Articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- My Name is Lisa
- Connectedness and Attachment in Alzheimer's Care
- Alzheimers Caregiver Why are the Little Things Bothering You?
The Alzheimer's Reading Room (ARR) offers a searchable Knowledge Base that contains over 3,800 articles about Alzheimer's disease. This intellectual capital is offered free of charge and is available to the entire Alzheimer's community Worldwide via the ARR website.