By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Under the plan, which is led by the Alzheimer’s Society, people will be given free awareness sessions to help them understand dementia better and become Dementia Friends.
The plan aims to make everyday life better for people with dementia by changing the way people think, talk and act. The Alzheimer’s Society wants the Dementia Friends to have the know-how to make people with dementia feel understood and included in their community.
Each Dementia Friend will be awarded a forget-me-not badge, to show that they know about dementia.
I imagine these badges will be worn with a great sense of pride.
Dementia Friends aims to make everyday life better for people with dementia by changing the way the nation thinks, talks and acts. By 2015, we want there to be a million people with the know-how to help people with dementia feel understood and included in their community.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- Will Dementia Friends Become a Worldwide Movement?
- Alzheimer's Society - Dementia Friends
- Dementia Friendly Communities - Alzheimer Society of Ireland
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room