After spending close to $270,000 of his savings on a nursing home and around-the-clock care for his wife, John McCann was horrified to learn that doctors discovered 57 maggots had hatched in her ear.
Alzheimer's Reading Room
The family of 92-year-old Catherine McCann is suing the Lutheran Home for the Aged in Arlington Heights, Ill., after doctors discovered and removed 57 maggots from her ear.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- What is Alzheimer's Disease? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- Problems with Balance, Walking, Falling Can Be an Early Sign of Dementia
- Majority of Adults Fear Alzheimer's Disease, Want Greater Effort to Defeat It
- Is Coconut Oil a Treatment for Alzheimer's Disease?
- Urinary Tract Infections Can Hasten Memory Loss in Alzheimer's Patients
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room