Three leading researchers from the Cure Alzheimer’s Fund Research Consortium share their intellectual capital, discuss the current state of Alzheimer's research, and answer questions about Alzheimer's disease.
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Cure Alzheimer's Fund Research Consortium.
David Shenk, author of the national bestseller The Forgetting, Alzheimer’s: Portrait of an Epidemic, moderated the event.
The video is really fascinating, and the near the end the scientists sit around and discuss Alzheimer's in a relaxed candid fashion. It was really eye opening.
I know there is a tendency to think that nothing "fruitful" is happening. However, in the video below you will be hearing from three men who are devoting their lives to finding an effective treatment or therapy for Alzheimer's disease.
You will also learn that these very bright men are funny and interesting. I kept thinking, I would really like to hang out with these guys. At the end of the day, you might conclude they are a lot like you and me when they let their "hair down".
CAF 2012 Fall Symposium from Cure Alzheimer's Fund on Vimeo.
Cure Alzheimer's Fund. One hundred percent of every donation goes into Alzheimer's research. The Founding Families of the CAF pay the general and administrative costs of the fund out of their own pockets.
- What is Alzheimer's Disease? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- Problems with Balance, Walking, Falling Can Be an Early Sign of Dementia
- Majority of Adults Fear Alzheimer's Disease, Want Greater Effort to Defeat It
- Is Coconut Oil a Treatment for Alzheimer's Disease?
- Urinary Tract Infections Can Hasten Memory Loss in Alzheimer's Patients
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room