It's not so much one Christmas that was my most memorable, but when I started having Christmas Eve dinner at my house instead of my husband and I going to my parents for the traditional Polish feast of pirogi and fish and mushroom soup...it's a wonderful memory of the pride my parents had in me taking over the tradition and the beginning of the journey of taking care of them...just three years into our Alzheimers journey now, my parents don't leave their house anymore, so now Christmas is bringing them dinners packed in plastic containers and sitting around their small kitchen table, just the three of us.
Life changes indeed.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- What is Alzheimer's Disease? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- Is Coconut Oil a Treatment for Alzheimer's Disease?
- Urinary Tract Infections Can Hasten Memory Loss in Alzheimer's Patients
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room