It should be clear to you after watching this short film that socialization and engaging in the arts (music, painting, dancing, yoga, etc) can slow memory loss, and can be more effective than the currently available medications for Alzheimer's disease.
I strongly suggest you pay close attention to the last section of the video which begins with Christopher Nadeau explaining how social care can increase self esteem and lessen the negative behavioral symptoms frequently associated with dementia.
Christopher Nadeau is the Executive Director of the New York Memory Center.
The New York Memory Center is a non-profit and relies on donations to keep its doors open, and to continue doing good work.
Please consider donating.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- Why I Invented Alzheimer's World and the Power of Positive Reinforcement
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room