By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Bruges is being recognized as a pioneer Dementia Friendly Community.
Across Bruges' city center, shop proprietors have installed dementia friendly symbols in their shop fronts, a clear recognizable symbol to those with a diagnosis of the disease that there are safe havens where dementia sufferers can seek assistance. Police and social workers are fully engaged in the city wide effort.
The entire city is to be congratulated for recognizing the needs of families touched by dementia and by developing tools that will allow persons living with dementia to continue to live their lives.
Why do I get the feeling that tourism to Bruges is going to pick up?
Source BBC News
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Alzheimer's What's the Use
- How to Listen to an Alzheimer's Patient
- Is Coconut Oil a Treatment for Alzheimer's Disease?
- How to Get an Alzheimer's Patient to Eat More Food
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
Bob DeMarco is the Founder and Editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room. Bob is a recognized Influencer, speaker, and expert in the Alzheimer's and Dementia Community Worldwide. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.Original content the Alzheimer's Reading Room