Since she has been coming to the New York Memory Center she doesn't need an anti-anxiety pill, and she doesn't need an antidepressant. I feel like every single person here is an angel.
By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Under the leadership of Executive Director Christopher Nadeau, the New York Memory Center (NYMC) using a unique arts and computer based social day care program brings dementia patients back into the world.
In the video below you will hear from a woman who moved from an emotional state of hopelessness and enormous burden to a state of Joy.
If you are or have been an Alzheimer's caregiver, I suggest you watch this video closely from the 4 minute mark to the 4 minute 30 second mark. Then share the video.
If you watch the complete video you will learn more about this wonderful program including how it brought a mother living with dementia back to her daughter.
Source: Brooklyn Independent Television's HealthBeat Brooklyn, episode 72. Original airdate 03/05/2013. http://www.bricartsmedia.org/bit
The New York Memory Center is a non-profit organization and as a result of the devastation of hurricane Sandy in the New York area is currently in need of donations. If you can help please consider a donation.
For more information about New York Memory Center , visit www.nymoryceemnter.org
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's Communication Tip, No More Blah Blah Blah
- How to Listen to an Alzheimer's Patient
- How Do Alzheimer's Patients Die?
- Is Coconut Oil a Treatment for Alzheimer's Disease?
Learn more about the Alzheimer's Reading Room Knowledge Base