A nursing home resident is now charged with involuntary manslaughter for allegedly attacking another resident who ended up dying.
+Alzheimer's Reading Room
It all started at Weatherwood Nursing Home when Margaret Lechleitner was pushed by Carl Smith, then fell and hit her head. She later died.
Both patients suffered from dementia.
Police Sgt. Mike Bogart said
“We want to make sure that the victim’s family gets what they want. We want to make sure in the future that everybody around Carl is safe and want to make sure that Carl is going to get treatment and care.”
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- Is Alzheimer's World an Irrational Place?
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Alzheimer's, Your Brain, and Adaptability
- Problems with Balance, Walking, Falling Can Be an Early Sign of Dementia
To learn more about Alzheimer's and dementia visit the Alzheimer's Reading Room