+Alzheimer's Reading Room
I wish someone would/could create a website that was a national database of sorts of Alzheiemer's patients.
I'm just sitting around thinking about Alzheimer's -- as usual.
What do you think? Is there a need for a National Database? Would you use it?
Please share your opinions and comments below in the comments section.
|Walter, Donna's Dad|
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
- career air force
- avid scratch golfer
- smoker (43 years)
- drank soda from aluminum cans for 40+ years
- relatively healthy eater with a major sweet tooth
- didn't go to church
- retired at 1988 – volunteered at my mother’s office but basically never employed again
- diagnosed in 2009 when he went missing in Baltimore (see Donna's incedible hair raising story - My Dad -- Missing and Found )
- moved to assisted living in March 2013
- moved to a nursing home in July 2013
- still walks constantly without stumbling. Still eats regularly and with gusto.
- is often sweet, happy and funny but also occasionally angry, combative and unruly.
- still loves music
Her father, Walter, suffers from Alzheimer's disease.
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Memory Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- Is Alzheimer's World an Irrational Place?
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- 10 Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's Disease
- The Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
You are reading original content +Bob DeMarco , the Alzheimer's Reading Room