Alzheimer's and dementia care is advancing around the world. These three articles are well worth reading, discussing, and sharing in the Alzheimer's community worldwide.
By Bob DeMarco
+Alzheimer's Reading Room
The reason? The care is better and far cheaper.
A must read and share for the entire Alzheimer's and dementia community world wide.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
Tea Rooms for Persons Living with Dementia
Compassion, engagement, socialization, and Alzheimer's communication. This wonderful idea is being utilized by Runwood Homes Senior Living in the UK. A better idea than a Memory Cafe or a variation on a theme.
This is how you foster quality dementia environments and get everyone involved.
Did I ever tell you Dotty was part English? She would have loved this idea.
Married to Alzheimer’s: How much would I give to still be a wife and not increasingly a carer?
"It is only when those moments are slipping away we realise how precious they are. How much they are the glue that binds any partnership together. How much would I give to keep them and still be a wife and not increasingly a carer?"Does this remind you of anyone. Heart warming and gut wrenching.
Certainly worth reading and contemplating.
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Alzheimer's Communication Tip, No More Blah Blah Blah
- How to Listen to an Alzheimer's Patient
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World Bang Your Head Against the Wall
- The Combination of Aricept and Namenda Helps Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
+Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room (ARR). Bob is a recognized expert, writer, speaker, and influencer in the Alzheimer's and Dementia Community worldwide. The ARR Knowledge Base contains more than 4,000 articles. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.To learn more about Alzheimer's and dementia visit the Alzheimer's Reading Room