People living with Alzheimer's and dementia are well known for their challenging and often difficult behaviors.
What can you do about it?
For a transcript version of this podcast go here
The following articles broaden the scope of the podcast; and, should help you to deal with the difficult behaviors you are dealing with each day.
1. 7 Ways To Deal With Difficult Behavior Caused By Alzheimer's and Dementia
Persons living with Alzheimer's or a related dementia are well known for their challenging, often difficult, behaviors.
2. How Can Alzheimers and Dementia Caregivers Deal with Difficult Behavior | This is an Excellent Article
What you have expressed about your emotions and frustrations about taking care of your Mother who suffers from dementia, I've heard so many times before.
3. Dealing with Difficult Behavior Caused by Alzheimer's Dementia
I often get asked questions about how I dealt with my mother when she engaged in difficult to manage behaviors.
4. Dementia Care - Routine and the Importance of the First Action of the Day Room
In the beginning my mother, who lived with dementia, would wake up with a scowl on her face, a negative attitude, and would often seem less there - like she was out of it memory wise.
5. Afraid of Making the Wrong Move?
Few of us cast into the role of Alzheimer's caregiver have training or experience in dealing with the many difficult decision we face each day.
6. A Pet Shop for Dementia Patients Improves Happiness and Behavior
This Pet Shop is really just an room that I designed to look like a place where cats and dogs would live.
You are reading and listening to original content from the Alzheimer's Reading Room