Aug 17, 2009

Reader Seeks Advice on How to Address the Issue of Dementia with Her Father

One of our readers writes in and asked this question.
How do I address with my Dad about going to the doctor as we believe we are seeing either the signs of dementia or alzheimer's in his behavior. He does not have a physican and does not go to the doctor.. but we (my family) have seen a progression in his behavior lately. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
There is at least one additional issue. This man lives in small town, and there are no specialists directly available to him.

If you have a specific action plan, please include that advice in your comment.

If you would like to ask our reader additional questions to better frame the issue/situation that is OK.

Please use the comments box below this article to respond.

For those of you reading via one of our subscription services, please click the headline and come to the website to enter your answer or response.
Advice and Insight into Alzheimer's disease
Subscribe to The Alzheimer's Reading Room