Regardless of age, you should be worried about Alzheimer's disease,
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Worried About Alzheimer's Disease ?
Earlier today, I wrote , Can Exercise Slow the Progression of Alzheimer's Disease?
I decided to go back and read some of the previous articles I wrote about exercise. There are quite a few. You can find the list by typing the word - exercise - into the search box on the right sidebar.
I wrote the article below for the first time in 2009.
Five Factor Fitness and Yoga for your Face are my favorites. You do both of these together for 7 weeks and you will be writing me a thank you note. Better yet, your friends one by one will tell you how you look thinner, happier, and younger. Here is the great thing about Five Factor Fitness -- you'll look thinner even if you don't lose weight. You'll get tighter. Same thing on the yoga for your face.
These two routines done together will improve your "self concept".
1. Worried About Alzheimer's? You Should BeRegardless of age, you should be worried about Alzheimer's disease. A Harris Interactive poll showed that 100 million Americans are touched by Alzheimer's. The same poll showed that more than 33 million Americans are worried about getting Alzheimer's.
2. Worried About Alzheimer's? Tip #1 ExerciseIf exercise can have this kind of dramatic effect on my mother who already suffers from Alzheimer's, you really need to start wondering to yourself -- is this the way to beat or delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease?
3. Worried About Alzheimer's? The Holy Grail of ExerciseIn graduate school I studied risky decision making and statistics. I can say with confidence, if you are not exercising you are making a risky decision, and you are increasing the odds that you might suffer from Alzheimer's, heart disease, or any number of diseases that are catastrophic in the long run.
4.Worried About Alzheimer's? Using Google Search Promotes Memory and a Healthy BrainA brain study conducted by Dr. Gary Small, a UCLA expert on aging, found that people who search the Internet using Google use more of their brain while engaging in this activity. This suggests searching on the Internet may train the brain -- that it may keep it active and healthy.
5. Worried about Alzheimer's? If You are a Baby Boomer You Should BeI'm standing outside FAO Schwarz on Fifth Avenue in New York City. In fifteen minutes I see about 100 people coming and going. I ask myself? Did I just see 8 people that are going to suffer from Alzheimer's during their lifetime?
6. Worried About Alzheimer's? Yoga for Your FaceThere are a long list of scientific articles that indicate exercise reduces the risk of Alzheimer's, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, and lowers LDL cholesterol. You might chuckle when you see the yoga exercises for you face. They work.
7. B12 Shots for Dementia and Those Over 60Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause memory loss, dementia like symptoms, and does cause shrinkage in the brain
8. 6 Ways to Reduce Alzheimer's Risk and Keep Your Brain Healthy As You AgeRudy Tanzi is one of Time's 100 most influential people in the world. In this video Tanzi describes 6 ways to reduce the risk of Alzheimer's, and how to keep your brain healthy as you age and reduce the risk of the onset of dementia.
What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
How to Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's and Dementia (5 Best Tests)
Test Your Memory for Dementia in 15 Minutes (SAGE)
Death by Complications from Alzheimer's, What does this mean?
Topics Pages from Our Award Winning Knowledge Base
How to live with someone who has Alzheimer's
How To Do It Alzheimer's Care
Can you die from Alzheimer's disease?
Are you at wits end? Having the same problems over and over? Are you ready to try something new? Why not familiarize yourself with our Alzheimer's Knowledge Base.
Need Help? Search Our Award Winning Knowledge Base for Answers to Your Questions About Alzheimer's and Dementia