I hope you will take the time to participate by adding your comment below the question. Please feel free to share your own insight, advice, or experience.
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Lauren Turner asked,
To add your insight, advice and suggestion, please use the Add New Comment box below the article.
I was not sure what to recommend to her.
Does anyone have suggestions on how a parent explains the affects of Alzheimer's disease to a child?
These articles that appeared previously on the Alzheimer's Reading Room also address issues about Alzheimer's and children.
- Alzheimer's and Children
- What is it like for a child to be an Alzheimer’s caregiver?
- Answers to Questions On Being a Young Alzheimer's Caregiver
- GrandPa Do You Know Who I AM -- Maria Shriver HBO Streaming Video
The question above originally appeared in the Alzheimer's Care at Home group discussion on LinkedIn.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
More Insight and Advice for Caregivers
- How Alzheimer's Destroys the Brain -- Video
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room