There is no doubt in my mind that the large doses of sunlight that Dotty has been getting the last two weeks are making a difference in her awareness and interaction.
By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
I also noticed that Dotty is starting to engage with new Harvey in a way that I have not seen in months. The conversations are longer and more detailed. This morning I was singing very loud and new Harvey was singing along with me. Dotty was looking right at the parrot as if she was mesmerized. When I stopped the parrot stopped. Dotty looked at new Harvey and said, "you have a good voice".
I wish I had taken a video of Dotty looking at the parrot, she really was engaged. Engaged in a way that was very noticeable to me. Very different than what I have been seeing of late.
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimers World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The ARR knowledge base contains more than 3,811 articles with more than 306,100 links on the Internet. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.
You are reading original content from the Alzheimer's Reading Room